Sunday, May 2, 2010

Today was very up and down!

After church, as we were just about leaving, my friend Kate's son, threw up all over the lino! A couple of us helped clean it up and then I noticed that Barnaby (18m) was pale and limp. I asked Kate if this was normal behaviour for him after throwing up, and she replied that it wasn't and that his heart rate was going crazy! I put my hand on his chest and it was very rapid. I looked at his face and noticed that red blotches were springing up all over and Kate leapt into action. Someone helped her get her things out to the car, and I told I'd take her daughter home to our place.
I was so scared and prayed all the way home for him to be alright.
When Kate returned a short while later, she was so happy with the service she'd had at the hospital, though less than thrilled with the large bill she had to pay before she could leave! Praise God that it was only a severe reaction and not an anaphylactic one. He had some tests at the hospital, so hopefully they'll be able to tell what it was that set him off. I was just stunned at how quickly he declined and had a first hand view of what poor Kate has to go through every time he comes into contact with something he's allergic to. She is one amazing mama and he is lucky to have her as his mum.

This afternoon we had a family portrait done that will be published in a magazine, so that was really exciting and lots of fun! The small kids were a complete nightmare to photograph, but finally Kate ( another one!) was happy and we set them all free.

Last night, Jacquie and I went to watch Ingrid in a play called Trees in Space. It was quite entertaining, specially for Trekkies and Ingrid performed well.

No comments:

Post a Comment