I cleared everything from my usual daily plans so I could focus on the High Tea for tomorrow night at Lyn's. It looks like we'll be having around 50 people and I really hope I can pull it off smoothly. I wonder what I've forgotten needs to be done at a certain time, and of course, I have to wait until our pay goes in tonight before I can buy any more ingredients.
I took Karys to playclub on Monday morning as she needs it and Taffy needs to be kept in her routine of going to Bev's without me for a couple of hours. We were running quite late and I was at peace with that. I finally loaded the girls into the car and was bout to get in when a man hailed me from the street. He was walking his dog and he called out that his truck had broken down on the freeway and his mobile phone was also not working. He asked if he might borrow a phone and did I know of any truck-towing companies. I was thinking about the guy who'd helped when Lotty filled our little car with diesel and was looking in my purse for his card, but as we talked, I realized, he might not be able to tow a truck.
So I went inside and asked God to kill him on the spot if he touched the girls, lol. I found an old Yellow Pages and took it back outside. He tried one company but they couldn't help for hours so he tried another that he had seen working on accident and he was impressed with how they worked. They could come in 40 mins to tow him all the way back to Gingin! He was carrying a full load of fertilizer too, so I'm sure it was an added expense he could've done without.
I found a small bucket on the front porch while he was talking on the phone and gave his poor dog a drink. I told him to keep the bucket and take it with him when he returned to his truck. He gave me $5 for the phone call, I refused, but he wouldn't take no for an answer. I just felt sorry for how expensive his day was going to be, poor bloke! I overheard his name, it was Ian Tubby, I think!
I'm sure God kept me at home to help out this man, he'd been walking for a while and he and his dog rested in the shade for a while before going back to the truck. He was covered in grease and refused a drink for himself and was very grateful for the drink for his dog. We left them sitting there and went onto playclub.
Tuesday, I got a call from Jenni from Cloudstreet to see if I would like to be in another scene as a passerby for next Monday. I said I would love to, of course! The only tricky bit is fitting in a wardrobe fitting tomorrow, eek! It could make life a bit more hectic. Hopefully, I'll feel peaceful and not stressed out. We'll see.
Wednesday, I didn't get much cooking done until the evening as I had a migraine for most of the day. I actually forgot to pick up the kids, it was early finish and I turned up at the usual time! Silly me! Found out that Allie is pregnant too, I'm so excited for her, she doesn't feel it yet, but she will, I'm sure. It'd be really nice if she has a girl.
Hopefully, today will be far more productive in the cooking department.
No comments:
Post a Comment