Thursday, May 20, 2010

Solo parent for a few days

I've just helped Rob to gather the final few things he will need whilst working down in Busselton, and waved him off. I'm praying the car gets him there and back safely, it's been more than a little dodgy of late. He is going to work on our dear friends, Caroline and David Master's new holiday house. The supervisor sounds like a bit of a stick in the mud, so hopefully, he'll allow Rob to do the extra tiling behind the toilets before they go in.

So it's just going to be the kids and I for 4 days, with no car! I'm actually relishing the idea of just staying put, I'm SOOOOOOO tired! Too many short nights lately and I ran out of Vit B12 tablets a few weeks ago and I'm really noticing the difference. I'm exhausted, my moods swing at extreme levels and my mouth is full of ulcers again. I really didn't miss those at all! My legs feel like lumps of concrete when I run too. I went to the chemist yesterday to get some, but they had run out, hopefully they'll have restocked when I go there today.

I have a scrapbooking day on Saturday after football which I am really looking forward to. Lotty will take me there and pick me up and help with the kids all for the cost of a slow cooked stew! It's a really good deal I think!

Still haven't heard back about the job sewing for the life rafts and somehow I suspect they're looking for a nice way to say thanks, but no thanks! I don't mind, Rob has so much work coming up now, it's ridiculous! It's almost the end of the financial year again and we'll get heaps of money back from centerlink, so we should be able to get rid of the house, pay out Lotty and find her a small business to run! Things are looking up again, praise God!

Well, no point going back to bed, time to get some housework done before the kids have to be up for school.

Thank you God for the brand new day!

No comments:

Post a Comment