Monday, May 17, 2010

So this is 40

My birthday was 2 days ago and it ended up better than I expected, and worse.

Lorinda organized the best ever surprise party for me with my favourite people and we had a blast. And I'm so grateful to have had the chance to celebrate turning 40 in style, but the aftermath of being broke is so distressing. Lorinda used all her own birthday money to pay for it and Rob gave her some money too. this was just a modest affair, not flashy at all, but beautifully presented. She is a wonder at working on a shoestring budget and delivering a masterpiece. There is just no money left for fuel, bread, milk or work supplies and it hurts so bad.

I know God knows our situation, and I have to trust that He will take care of us because I know He always has in the past. I will hold my head up, put a smile on my face, and keep trying to find ways to cut back our living expenses and keep trying to make some extra money to help make things easier.

This is no time to let my heart fail and give up! What kind of an example would that be to my children, and how could I disappoint Rob? He works so hard, way too hard and I wish I could make it easier for him. We'd both like for him to able to cut back work hours and spend more time with the kids, and to enjoy something for himself.

God bless us all, each and everyone. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment