I believe in miracles, and in the magic of Christmas!
If I didn't, I would crawl into my bed, pull the covers over my head, and not come out until New Years!
I have no clue how we will provide any gifts for our children this Christmas, none at all. However, I'm going to prepare for my favourite day of the year as if we can. I am hoping for a miracle, nay, expecting a miracle!
My hope is in the Lord, and He will not let us down, He never has. The hard part is being patient to see what God is going to do to make this a Christmas to remember.
So while I am waiting, I shall be like those wise virgins who kept their lamps ready for the bridegroom's unexpected arrival. I am going to prepare the house, our hearts and whatever small gifts I can make myself.
I have been giving the younger kids some free colouring pages I found on the net to help build their excitement. Gives them something to do and gives me time to do stuff too! :)
This is the link to lots of great pages for your kids too.
http://www.christmas-coloring.com/
We are going to put them up on the walls for decoration, I can't wait to see them all together!
Last night, while I was waiting for the last little munchkin to fall asleep, I went through my Bible and wrote out all the verses I would need to tell the Christmas Story, broken up into 24 little parts. I will print them out on nice card and cut them to fit our Advent Calender pockets. I will do a post on this shortly.
I am keeping a Christmas Notebook with lists of all the things I need to do, make, buy or give before Christmas and I was glad to have crossed off 1 thing now. If I keep doing something each day, hopefully, I won't be rushed and grumpy those last few days. My goal is to enjoy this season, not stress over things I cannot do.
How are you coming along with your Christmas plans, and how are you helping to set a cheerful mood in your home?
No comments:
Post a Comment