If yours was rough like ours and you are struggling with the thought that
CHRISTMAS IS COMING!!!!!!!!!
all too quickly, then you might like to copy some of my ideas for bringing more joy to your home and less dollars flying out of your purse!
Maybe your purse is like mine? A bunch of tattered moths flutter out in their death throws and flop to the floor! Not even a shoestring in sight!
With a huge extended family, hubby, 11 children, 2 partners of the children, 1 grandchild and 1 extra child, good friends, teachers and neighbours to prepare gifts for, my heart was down in my boots and my head was trying to find a pile of dirt to bury itself in!
I had big plans for making loads of things and then I crushed my foot on Remembrance Day and I've had to come to a grinding halt since then. I was feeling a bit sore and sorry for myself and didn't even try to think of the things I can still do. The last few days have been better and I've picked myself up and started tackling things in bite-size pieces.
Much more effective! I feel like I am achieving things and so I'm responding better to my limitations.
I am determined that the family will not feel like it's a huge burden to celebrate Christmas. Every year, they've known it's a tough time, but I want this year to be different, and on far less.
So stay tuned, I'm going to write about ways to bring some joy and contentment and family bonding into this most wonderful time of the year! I will do my November Thankful Days interspersed with Christmas Wonder Gems as some need to be prepared now or I might run out of time before Christmas! :)
A very good place to start:
| Matthew 6 : 28 - 34 |
But seek you first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you! Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about it's own things. Sufficient for the day is it's own trouble."
No comments:
Post a Comment