Monday, July 4, 2011

Panic Stations at 37 weeks!

I find it amusing that when you are desperate for a baby to come early as you're fed up with feeling like a beached whale, baby will keep you hanging as long as it can!
The reverse may be true and I'm getting extremely nervous! Last night, my body was showing signs that this baby is getting ready to come. I know it could still be a week or two, but it could be today or tomorrow just as easily. Each contraction makes me realize how much there is still to do and how little I have crossed off my lists, and just how unprepared I am to bring this little one home from hospital.

I can't even pack my bag for hospital yet.

That said, my dear friend Laura, bought me a pair of pretty pj's and a pair of pj pants last week! I am so blessed! And it gives me a little hope that if God brings this baby early, all my needs WILL be met, somehow.

As frustrated as I am that I've only managed to tackle one thing on my list from last week, (still not enough to cross it off completely though!), I can see where things are going well in our household. I am encouraged that the family will be able to hold it together, keep fed and dressed, whilst I am in hospital for a week. I would just feel more settled if I had managed to make more meals and get all the baking stored away in the freezer. I did manage to put 60 cupcakes in the freezer yesterday, so that was satisfying!

It will do for at least 3 lots of afternoon tea. :)

I tried to move my songs on my MP3 player into playlists so that I can just run continuous soothing hymns and Christian music while I'm in labour. I discovered that one of the kids had put loads of pictures onto my MP3 years ago and it was so delightful to see pictures of Karys from when she was little!
I was n't very successful at moving my music around, so I'll have another go today, but I've now stored the photos safely.

Week 8.

1. Bake pies, pizza dough, cakes and spring rolls to freeze.
2. TAX!!!!!!!!
3. Finish organizing boys clothes.
4. Cut out all fabric ready for sewing for baby and kids clothes, and for heat packs and belly band.
5. Make beef jerky and churros for Ethan.
6. Wash baby things and pack a bag for baby.
7. Blood test, again!
8. Help Margaret organize Sacha's party.

I will take another belly picture soon too, just in case we don't go too much further. :)

One more week of school and then we have holidays, YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Can you tell I'm a little excited about that? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment