"Sure thing!" I replied. "But not today, I have stuff to do. Actually the next free time I have is after the boys football games on Saturday." with a smile. Today is Monday.
I don't think bub is going to wait until Saturday. I had a bloody show at lunch time, so I'm guessing it will be tonight or tomorrow at the latest.
Guess there's no point doing a list for this week.
My house is in utter mess and chaos. There is so much washing waiting to be dried and the rain keeps pouring. I have no bras and socks for hospital. The kids bikes are not in good working order ready for their return to school tomorrow, and when I asked them to get their uniforms and school bags ready, their efforts made everything worse!
There is still nowhere to put the baby when we come out of hospital. I mean no bed, no nothing.
Yesterday Karys (age 4) scalded her right arm and hand quite badly. It will need redressing every day, how will I do that if I'm not here?
Can I cry now, please? I sobbed my heart out yesterday when Karys was screaming in pain, and the poor little thing was so distressed at my tears, she was trying to comfort me! That broke my heart even more!
Talk about being hormonal! I know it's all coming to an end, I also know it'll be ok.
Bub will arrive in good time, the rest of the family will survive while I'm in hospital for 5 or 6 days. The house will be cleaner when I get back, the washing will have dried by then and Karys' arm will have healed a little more.
Yes, it's far from ideal. I never planned for a baby to be added into such confusion and such dire financial stress.
I like to leave the house spotless, with plenty of food, and with everything that each person needs.
But, we have a house, a pay packet will come in this week, all the bills will be paid, and we'll be able to eat all the lovely meals that God has already provided. The van may be running rough and their is no room for another baby, but, it's still going and we can work out a way to get bub and me home from hospital when the time is right.
Stretching my trust in God's providence.
But you know what?
It has been like that ALL THE WAY THROUGH THIS PREGNANCY!!!
And has God let us down, even once?
No, not even once!
I will praise His Holy Name forever!
But, we have a house, a pay packet will come in this week, all the bills will be paid, and we'll be able to eat all the lovely meals that God has already provided. The van may be running rough and their is no room for another baby, but, it's still going and we can work out a way to get bub and me home from hospital when the time is right.
Stretching my trust in God's providence.
But you know what?
It has been like that ALL THE WAY THROUGH THIS PREGNANCY!!!
And has God let us down, even once?
No, not even once!
I will praise His Holy Name forever!
Oh you were so much more thankful than I was at the end of my pregnancy! I wish I could have expressed my faith the way you have! I was just a cranky hormonal mess, I can SO relate to the end of pregnancy hormones!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your new little one, looking forward to hearing more details and about how it all went! Enjoy this crazy and precious time that a new bubba brings!
Luv Donna