Thursday, July 21, 2011

3 more days and sort of, not really, counting!

Well,I didn't get up to posting daily, but I'm finally in for a bi-weekly blog!

It has been an interesting day. First, Ethan and I had to rescue Lorinda whose tyre had gone flat and she was worried she'd bogged the car trying to get it off the road. Thankfully, it wasn't bogged but we took plenty of rope, boards and a shovel in case we needed to dig her out. I used one of the boards to keep the jack firm while we lifted the car and changed the tyre, Ethan did very well for his first time. A few people even came and offered their assistance, which was lovely, as more often than not, people won't!

So, I was compelled to get out of the house and pay a bill and grab some groceries at the shop. Ethan once again coming in very handy as I needed him to walk to the back of the store to get the milk as yesterday I crushed the big toe joint in my left foot! I thought it was broken as I needed pain relief to get to sleep last night and I kept my foot on ice all night. This morning it was feeling much better and lots of the swelling had gone down. It still hurts but I'm sure it's just soft tissue damage and not broken bone.
Hallelujah, praise God!

Our real estate agent called today to let us know that whilst our contract is due to expire on Monday, we still have 2 paid ads in the Sunday paper and so are entitled to 2 more home opens! So she has drawn up another contract and we'll stay with them for another month. I feel that God is saying, "just wait and be patient for a little longer" and am content to let her continue trying to sell the other house. We really wouldn't be doing much right now anyway as the baby is more of a priority.

I managed to cross a few more things off the list. I have mended my new pj's, mended the school uniforms, cleaned the girls room and finished my belly band. The belly band is an experiment that I want to do to see if I can firm up my tummy after bub is born. The band is quite poorly put together, I'm ashamed to say, but it's finally done! If it works, I'll refine it and market it. There are belly bands available to purchase, but they are SO expensive! I couldn't justify that kind of money, specially if the experiment fails.

I had my sister and her kids come to stay overnight earlier in the week and it was fantastic! Poor Jo was quite ill with a migraine, but she turned up with dozens of cookies she'd baked for us! What a trooper! I do wish a nesting urge had kicked in before she came, the floor was rather dangerous for her crawling baby, George. Hopefully, that urge to clean will kick in soon. Preferably with enough time to rest before going into labour, but not enough time for the kids to mess it all up again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment