Sunday, June 26, 2011

One of God's best blessings - true and caring friends!

I was blown away today by the kindness of a dear friend and her daughter. Margaret and Sacha bought me some things I need for hospital, and they are just so lovely! I got a pink dressing gown, just the right length to keep me warm and covered up when I walk about the hospital, but not too long to take up half my bag! Also, some adorable owl print pj's, which I love! Some slippers and a toilet bag with some soap and apricot body dew! I haven't had any body dew for years! Happy, happy, happy!!!! God is soooooooooooo awesome, He knows exactly what we need and right when we need it!

I had managed to start packing my bag for hospital during the week and it was looking rather sad. I had put in a shawl in place of a dressing gown, an outfit to wear home, and some undies, nursing pads, maternity pads and a couple of books that Ethan gave me for Mother's Day. It is looking a little sad, but it will look much better when I get these new items washed and packed inside!

I did feel like this past week was quite productive too. I managed to freeze 3 of the cakes I made this week, marble ones, yum! I finished cleaning the laundry and it is now a pleasure to work in it! Incredible what a tidy workspace can do for one's attitude toward the job at hand! I cleaned behind the biggest fridge and Rob fixed the leak. Now it sparkles inside and out and I can store more food in the freezer. And I packed a bit of my hospital bag. I did also clean out most of my WIR trying to find the wireless dongle so I can move the main computer out of the babies room. Still no luck finding the dongle....... I hope I didn't throw it away. :/

Week 7.

1. Make lots of cookie dough and 3 more cakes to freeze.
2. Tax!!!!!!!!!
3. SELL THE HOUSE!!!!!!!
4. Sort out playlists on my MP3 so I can choose soothing hymns when I'm in labour without hunting though books and 80's music.
5. Make pizza bases to freeze.


I have hit 36 weeks and now I can relax a little without the worry of having to go to KEMH if bub had come earlier. Now I can go straight to SJOG without fear of being sent away. This will be our 8th baby born there. Tomorrow I have another apt with my OB, I am interested to see how big my belly measures now and what he thinks is the best course of action. I know he's nervous I'll go while he's away at a conference, the week before I'm due. I'm not nervous at all, lol. I am starting to get a little uncomfortable, my hips are hurting a lot, especially when I get out of bed. I only have 2 pairs of pants left which fit and don't fall down whenever I take a walk. I must make some new ones........

This week is Dart's birthday, the last one to celebrate before bub arrives. I was thinking not so long a go that there was still 6 birthdays before bub, time flies!

So. Lots of baking to do this week. Hopefully, there'll be plenty for me to freeze ahead. Fortunately, Coles had flour, sugar, choc chips and butter at really cheap prices this week, so I can make all the cookie dough, cakes and pizza bases I can manage.

Just need to factor in some exercise.............. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment