Well, I was right.
There was no way that Gretel Faith was going to wait until Saturday to make her grand entrance!
As I already mentioned in my previous post, Karys burned her arm and hand reasonably badly and my melt down probably should have given me a very BIG hint that our new baby would be here in the near future. That was Sunday.
Monday, my EDD, I had a show at lunch time and thought I should do my best to get things in order at home so the family could survive while I was recovering in hospital. It was a pupil free day at school, so the kids were all home. Ashton still had a game of basketball late in the afternoon and I messaged the team manager, Sharon, that he wouldn't be coming as I was worried that I'd drop my bundle at the Rec. Ctr. So Sharon kindly offered to take him and bring him home after the game, which she did.
When he returned, he was complaining of a sore leg, saying that someone had fallen on it during the game. I should've taken the time to have a look at his leg. But I was distracted and frantically getting housework done. (Insert HUGE doses of mummy-guilt right here!) So we had dinner, packed the kids off to bed (promising Ashton his leg would feel better in the morning), and kept organizing the house. I had a few contractions, nothing regular, nor too painful, and more plug came away. I think my waters were leaking a little during the day as well.
I was pretty sure that the baby would come in the wee small hours of the morning, so I told Rob I was going to bed to get in as much sleep as possible and that he should do the same.
"No way! I'm going to wait up, you'll be going in soon." said one excited husband. So he did! He told me he went to bed about 2am. I woke up to a decent contraction and 2yr old Taffetta jumping on my belly as she climbed into bed with us, at 2.40am! Needless to say, it hurt and I decided to get up and give Taffy all the room she wanted on my side of the bed. I made a cuppa and started timing the contractions.
To be continued....... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment