Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Off to a slow start this week, hehe!

Well, seeing as it's Wednesday and I should've done this on Sunday, I'm really behind the times this week!
We had Ingrid's 20th birthday on Saturday and I wish I had thought to take some pics of the food before we sat down to eat, but I served up 1 and a half hours late, so it was no longer a priority by that stage! We had 2 roast piggies, 3 packs of pommes noisettes, 16 corn cobbettes, big bowl of chicken caesar salad, loads of those little bread rolls you cook at home, roast pumpkin, gravy and apple sauce. Followed by home made icecream birthday cake and donuts and butterscotch sauce! It was pretty good, if I do say so myself! :)

I cooked and cleaned and wore myself out! Sunday, I rested to recover, but it wasn't enough. Monday I got up early and baked a million (maybe not quite) cupcakes and gave them swirly butter icing and then I took the 2 little girls to my parents to meet my newest niece, Shiloh Isabella. She is so adorable!

Kids have now been sick with a nasty cold. Bad enough for Karys to put herself to bed on Tuesday morning and stay there for the rest of the day! The last time she did that was 2 yrs ago when she came down with swine flu! That time she stayed in bed for 4 days straight, this time she was up today, but just slower than usual. I kept Colt home too as he was coughing most of the night. Hopefully, he'll be back to school tomorrow. I'm planning on cooking some meals tomorrow to freeze and I have a new Thumbelina movie to keep the girls occupied, but I don't think it'll hold Colt's attention at all!

I managed to cross off some of my list last week, still working on getting through a whole list! :) Maybe I just put too much on it!
I got to meet Shiloh, cleaned out 1 fridge and freezer and hung up a blanket in the boys room to keep it warmer. Really must get my overlocker sorted as so much hinges on it running.

This weeks list:

1. Cook 6 - 8 extra meals.
2. Finish Beth's birthday present.
3. Finish and give Jill's and Eliza's baby presents.
4. Catch up on other weeks unfinished jobs.
5. Get fabric for curtains for nursery.
6. Get prices for baby gear I still need.
7. Get new tyres on Yaris and Lotty's spare replaced.
8. Clean another fridge and freezer.
9. Set up tax stuff.
10. Work out new job roster for kids.


Hmmm, the list appears to be getting longer! Although, I have crossed a few things off already.
Really need to get into some swimming and yoga though...... maybe next week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment