Today we had Christmas with all my family! That was a complete surprise to me as my brother, SIL and their kids were still travelling around Australia, last I heard! They were first to arrive and they all looked wonderfully tanned and relaxed. They have enjoyed their 6 month adventure but couldn't pick a highlight. I have enjoyed looking at their photos on their blog and shall have to have a longer look now that school is over.
I would love to do something like that one day.
Back to lunch, we all put in and had way too much food as usual, lol! the kids all had a ball playing outside together in the pool and the older ones played board games. For once, the house was really clean before everyone got here and I was just finishing the chicken kebabs. I think the house cleaning is coming together.
I was a tad worried yesterday that I wouldn't be able to pull it off after I broke my 4th toe on my right foot when I accidentally kicked the skirting board in the kitchen! It limited my movement for the rest of the day and I struggled even to finish wrapping the presents last night. This morning, it is black all the way around and half my foot is swollen along with the toe. Lucky it doesn't hurt too much, except when I leave it down too long or when I knock it against something.
It was the best Christmas lunch with the family ever.
I had a whole heap of blood tests yesterday and for once the ladies at Myaree were darlings! They got me a blanket when I started shivering in the air con, and were very gentle when drawing the blood. 10 large vials. God bless them both!
2 more weeks to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment