Friday, November 19, 2010

The road to Sanity

For those who know me, they would tell you that I need a week, no scratch that, I need a month to get organized for anything held at my house. It drives me nuts, causes so much stress and angst and I don't want to live like that any more!

I WILL CHANGE!

I have read so many books on organizing my day/my life/my kids! I guess reading is only the beginning, I need to actually put some changes into action! I am currently rereading a book called "Simplify your Life" and I'm actually answering the questions along the way and trying the changes that are suggested before I move onto each new section.

I now carry a little folder that contains everything I need to make my day flow a little easier without relying on my dodgy memory that is easily distracted by anything and everything that I encounter during my day. It has a calender (A4) for everything that relates to my family, ie: appointments, sports, school excursions etc; and one for my project plans, ie: cooking, sewing, crafts, spring cleaning etc; and one for my exercise plans. I keep another one in my drawer that has all the bills marked on it too.

In my folder there is also a page for my daily planner which has a chart for writing things that have to happen at certain times, a "things to do list", a Plan B space and a space where I stick a post it note on which I write my shopping list. This page stays on the fridge or comes with me if I'm out and about (in my folder) and I can pop the post it note on my purse when I duck into the shops. So far, this part is working well. (Still have to figure out how to add this to my page, lol.)

My next task is to work out where my day goes pear-shaped ALL the time! I have made a chart that I can fill in every hour of every day for a week to see what HAS to go into my life. Then I'm going to work out how much I time I spend doing housework, playing with the kids and doing the things I'd LIKE to do. I shall give it a go and let you know how it works out for me.

There is more hope and thankfulness in each day that passes, and less fear and worry now.

Psalm 16:11

"You will show me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures for evermore."

2 comments:

  1. i'm amazed you can remember all your kiddies names! lol, so i think your doing great, more power to ya if your getting organised, just don't be too hard on yourself for being forgetful, it's called being a mother! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've added pics of them all now, so I can remember them better, lol!

    ReplyDelete