It's really fortunate that I wrote out list of pictures when I started this bucket list, as I got smothered by the worst round of flu so far! I am truly dreading an encore if it comes! I have decided to try and make things a bit more healthy around the home to see if that will help break the cycle.
Otherwise, I'm moving north!
Anyway, here are the last of the pics, I am going to bore you with, and then I shall move onto something a bit more meaty! :)
 |
| One of my favourite places, The Shrine of Remembrance! |
 |
| These are the gates thorough which we always entered another favourite haunt, The Botanic Gardens. |
 |
| A glorious tree in The Botanic Gardens. |
 |
My siblings and I used to run along this wall when we were young, much to our mother's consternation!
This is The National Art Gallery, another favourite place! |
 |
I photographed lots of the artwork and wished I had learned a bit more about my camera before I went!
This painting really struck my mother heart! |
 |
| I remember well the graffiti that covers so much of Melbourne's walls, train stations and other flat surfaces! |
 |
The Queen Victoria Markets were a great delight in my childhood, but quite disappointing
for it's lack of hand made goodies now. |
 |
| Gretel spent all our travelling time in this gorgeous sling. It was quite comfy, surprisingly! |
 |
| Another cute childhood memory! An old post box. |
 |
| My childhood hero ~ Phar Lap in the Melbourne Museum. |
 |
| Another thing I love about Melbourne ~ the splashes of bright colour! |
 |
Lunch on Lygon St with a friend I've been chatting to for years online.
You would think we were old pals from way back when! |
All in all, it was a fantastic adventure and I truly was blessed through the whole trip. From the safety and good health Gretel and I enjoyed while we travelled, to meeting new faces and catching up with old ones, to seeing all the places and things I remembered so dearly from my childhood, to the help from kind strangers along the way, and the way I had to lean on God to help me find my way each time I got lost! Which, was frequent, hahaha!
No comments:
Post a Comment