Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Winter of my Discontent.

This winter has taken it's toll on my health. I'm not sure I've ever battled so many viruses in one stretch before, not  even the year that swine flu was doing the rounds.

I have come to a realization that I waste too much time just sitting on Face Book because it doesn't take up any energy. However it doesn't do my housework for me either. It also doesn't sew for me, paint for me, take the kids out to the corner park, nor read novels for me.

Time for a fresh start, and now that the school holidays have officially started, a nice slow pace to make those changes necessary to give me a satisfying day.

I know that life is not about satisfying every whim that floats past your brain, but it is about making each day count. And while Face Book is a fantastic tool for letting me know when my friends need prayer, or when an event has been planned, or provide a laugh at a funny picture or tell me about a great photo competition, it needs to be brought back to a level where my whole life isn't sitting watching everyone else's life play out on my computer screen.

I have been complaining that I want lately that I want to squeeze in just half an hour each day of sewing, gardening, painting and just playing with the kids. Half an hour with the Lord wouldn't go astray either. It suddenly dawned on me yesterday that if half an hour is do-able for all these things, then half an hour is plenty to spend socializing with my friends on FB.

Who knows?

Maybe an extra half an hour will pop up for blogging? ;)


(Picture courtesy of www.freedigitalphotos.net)

2 comments:

  1. It's something I struggle with too. Have been on a bit of a Facebook bender the last 6 weeks as I have been recovering from surgery. Back to work next week so will have to rein it in again. I've been known to fast from Facebook at times too, when I feel God prompting me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This never ending balancing act. Thank-you for your visit to my humble corner of the world. I always enjoy meeting new friends, treasures. I hope that you don't mind if I follow along with you on your journey here...and I am with you, enjoying the moments. Blessings your way, I pray. Christine

    ReplyDelete