Thursday, August 16, 2012

Content vs Happy vs Energized!

Today I read a really great post on FB by a friend who has been struggling with depression. She realized she had been trying to make herself happy using a worldly measure, rather than being content in a Godly manner. And I related all too well to that feeling of wanting more to make my life feel fulfilled. You know the lies we get fed, like if you have this kitchen aid, you'll make better food for your family, you'll be healthier, have more friends... bah, blah, blah!
Anyway, I realized that I am pretty contented at the moment, which made me feel good. Not that everything is all peaches and cream here, just that I am not stressing over the things I have no control over, like the busted transmission in the van.....
Then I took a good look around me, at my house, at my kids, at myself, and decided I was NOT content!

In fact, as I hung out a load of washing, I realized I was getting more heated about this thought, and suddenly I was feeling very energized to get off my rear and make my house a home, my children more aware of God in their lives, and my dreams come to fruition!

I AM NOT CONTENT  to stay in this place, in this time of my life, without pushing forward to make our good, better, and our better, best!

So here is my launch pad.

  1. I am de-cluttering a little each day in my house.
  2. I am putting on a Christian kids music CD in the morning and reading a devotional and God's Word in the evening to them.
  3. I am going to do the tasks I keep putting off, the ones that are holding me back from my dreams. First off, get my bookwork in order and get it off to the accountant. 
I hate numbers, but I know the feeling of contentment that will come when it is all done. Then I can focus on writing my book and getting a publisher, and setting up my maternity wear business.

I AM PUMPED! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment