Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My Dreamy Version of a First Day at School

You know how it goes.
You'll get up with plenty of time to take care of your needs first, before making a healthy and interesting breakfast for your family.
The table will be beautifully laid on top of a table CLOTH!
All your little darlings will eat well and clean up after themselves.
They will be dressed in good time, teeth AND hair brushed.
Everyone will pick up their school supplies, march out the door to the waiting (clean and tidy) chariot, and will huddle together (happily) for the obligatory "first day of school" family photo!
Then it's off to school for everyone, and time for me to sit back with a cuppa, spend some time soaking up the Word, and helping the toddler with her playdough.

Shall I tell you how it should NOT go!?!

It should not go like mine! (See the next post!)

2 comments:

  1. oooh, I can't wait to hear the "reality" version! Mine (with only 2 preschoolers, mind you!) was waking up early (wishing I'd achieved at least 6 hours of sleep last night), rushing around quietly to get some chores done before the kids woke up (and failing on all possible counts), bribing, screaming and generally getting frustrated with the kids' unwillingness to eat breakfast, wrestling them into school-appropriate clothing, scrambling to assemble school lunch (etc), wrestling them into clothing AGAIN because they'd removed all their clothing, being on the receiving end of a screaming match about brushing hair, carrying them to the car, wrestling them into car seats, trying to find the happy place on the 20 minute drive to school, releasing them from car seats and catching them before they ran across the road, delivered them to their respective classrooms giving friendly and "carefree" greetings to other parents and kids that I know whilst gritting my teeth a bit, realizing that I'd left half the things they need for school at home, realizing that I'm going to burst into tears at leaving my youngest for her first ever day at preschool and leaving my oldest for the beginning of her last year at preschool. Going home and realizing at 11am that I had completely forgotten to eat breakfast myself. *sigh* Tomorrow had better be a more organized day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you Gumnut, I hear you! (((hugs))) for your first day, I hope day 2 was a little kinder to you!

    ReplyDelete