Friday, February 3, 2012

Reality Check - First Day of School 2012!

So here's how the day rolled in our house................

I woke at 6am but today it was like sleeping in until 8.30 as it wasn't early enough for all that had to be done. Thankfully, we did actually arrive at school with plenty of time to get everyone settled into their new rooms.
I had to make a choice between having a shower and eating breakfast.

Vanity won!

I told myself it was in the public's best interest, but honestly, I needed to appear like I had it all together! I knew I could hang out until after the BIG DROP OF to shush my tummy rumbles.

The kids ate cereal like always, no exciting breaky options appeared from out of the blue. (Where's that darn fairy when you need her!?!) Guess who tidied up after them later? I'll give you 3 guesses, and the first 2 don't count!!! (Another target area, lol!)

They did dress themselves beautifully, and cleaned teeth and hair. Clearly, they have inherited a wee bit of their mother's vanity! :D

Then I discovered a little beasty crawling around on a head!!!!

Quelle horreur!!! My day has just gone out the window! Alarm bells are ringing in my head and my breathing has become short and sharp at this point!

Child #1 swiftly treated and undressed, showered and re-readied for school.

Thinking I better check the rest of the little darlings........

MAMAMIA!!!!!! THERE ARE TWO MORE KIDS IN NEED OF ATTENTION!!!

Ugh! By now my breathing is ragged and my equilibrium is down somewhere around my ankles, tripping me up every time I take a step!

2 more kids treated and showered and re-dressed and then I turn to tackle the biggest headache of the first day of school..........

Now where did I put all that school supplies?

Have I told you about my safe spots? They have now moved up to legendary! They'll be talking about this one at my funeral.

"Remember when Mum put all our school stuff in a 'safe spot', and we didn't find it for years, lol?"

Sigh! My bubble has now burst on that peaceful scene of a cup of tea on the front porch. POP!

My poor, longsuffering kidlets........

At least we arrived at school on time, early in fact. Whew!

I lined them up in front of the school gate to take THE PHOTO and they covered their freshly scrubbed little faces as the sun burned right into their eyes, sigh! Not going to happen, best do it after school, I decided.

Ashton and Dart toddled off to sort themselves out and I took Colt and Karys to their respective rooms. Then I left them all and took Gretel to have her needles and took a quick run down to the shop to restock.

I made it home by 12.30pm. Seems like lots of other parents leave stuff to the last minute and beyond too, lol!

I finally took a photo after school, not by the front gate though. I was happy just to have it! :)

I was planning on adding the after school shot, but I can't find my cord to connect the phone to the computer, lol! So here's the one I took of Jacquie and Pipa before school....






2 comments:

  1. I love the Aussie school uniform, shorts and a polo shirt! My kids would love this! Mine are currently trudging in the rain in wool kilts, jumpers shirts ties and blazers and wooly tights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...'Can't find the cord to connect the phone to the computer'... That's 'cos you put it in a 'safe spot'! Lol!

    ReplyDelete