Monday, May 30, 2011

Wading through the clutter build up.

Last week, I achieved about half of my chores on my "to-do-list", which is better than the previous week! So I'm feeling a little more settled and hopeful that everything will be completed before bub arrives. I did realize yesterday that I need to put the kids back onto a job roster so that they know what's expected of them whilst I'm in hospital. It stops the lazier ones from getting away with leaving everything to their siblings, and it stops the bossier ones from putting too much pressure on the smaller ones. Hopefully, it'll keep things on a more peaceful level.

I managed to remove one of the sofa beds from the lounge room by rolling it end to end out of the front door. It'll have to sit there until we can take it to the tip or get a skip bin delivered. This has opened up the room and I've filled it with camping washing lines to dry the washing during the wet months. Maybe I should rethink where I want to put the computers!

Taffy has her own bed now and has been really good about sleeping all night in it. Except for last night during the storm! I did walk a little more to school with the kids and I'm hoping to keep that up this week too. I do need to add in some stretching and toning sessions too.

I've drawn up a design for a baby bag and I'll make a dummy run this week.

The other house is still not sold and the agent is talking about not opening it this weekend to give us a break. I need the house sold, then I can have a break. Running 2 households is a tiring business and I really want it over with asap. Oh well, I know God has it all under control, and I know He looks after us. I may not get the new pj's, slippers and nice smelling soaps to take to hospital with me, but I know that I will not be naked nor smelly, so I shall rest in the knowledge that God's timing is always perfect and He knows and cares about all my heart's desires.

I know there are more important things than fripperies, like bringing home a healthy baby after a safe delivery. That is my biggest heart's desire and i will be very grateful if that is achieved.

This weeks list:

1. Finish boys room, girls room, study and laundry room.
2. Fix the 2 curtain tracks, the weather is getting colder.
3. Fix my overlocker.
4. Make a pattern and dummy run for the baby bag.
5. Visit Linz and Beth and meet new baby niece, Shiloh.
6. Make pj's and nighties for smaller kids.
7. Clean out 1 fridge and freezer completely, ready for next weeks bake off!

My parents came to visit for mum's and my birthdays yesterday. It had to be delayed due to the nasty gastro bug that went though most of us mid May. Mum and Dad gave me a pressure cooker which doubles as a rice cooker, slow cooker and food warmer as well! During the week, I was given a fast cooker as well. I am planning on making 3 or 4 meals all at once and freezing those. If I do it on a couple of days a week, then I shouldn't have to cook every single day. Now to work out which 2 days of the week I can stay home ALL day so I can cook, lol!

See, right there, I've just realized that God is looking after the small details for me. How can I fret, when He keeps showing His goodness and love, over and over again?

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you are one busy gal! hope all your kids are feeling better and that the important things on the list get done. thanks for your visit to my blog!

    my recent post: you cannot have it all

    ReplyDelete