Today is my 41st birthday. It has come at the end of a major rush of work, trying to get our other house ready for it's first home open yesterday. Unfortunately, it didn't sell, but I was kind of expecting that. While it was disappointing to not get that phone call from the real estate agent (Gabrielle), I know that God has everything under control and I'm not anxious, just yet! It would be lovely to have sale and settlement asap, but I know that God's timing is always good and I am just happy that we have finally finished our part, now we can focus on other things while God and Gabrielle get on with their parts.
I really need to focus on the little one growing inside of me who is due to be here in just 10 weeks! As usual, I have a plan. A list of things I'd like to achieve, do, and buy before bub arrives. I'm predicting that as usual, I won't achieve it all. But that's ok, I'm sure the more I practice at setting goals, the closer I will get to crossing everything off my list! Who knows? One day I might actually set realistic New Year's goals and actually achieve them ALL year, haha!
Since Rob's birthday last Wednesday, our house has been filled with gastro bugs and the washing and disinfecting and caring for sick kiddies has taken a massive chunk of time and energy. 3 nights without sleep added to all that extra work over at the other house has taken it's toll on my energy levels. I have done a lot of sleeping since yesterday and am feeling heaps better but I know that I am going to have to pace myself this week so I don't get sick again next week. I have just finally beat shingles as well, so I know my immunity is way down so I'll try to be good!
I'm going to have to write out on paper all the things I want/need to do over the next 10 weeks. Then I'll work on 1 more week in case bub decides he/she is just way too comfy to come on time! I will try to post each weeks agenda on a Sunday arvo and update as I go.
I'm getting quite excited about preparing for this baby, I have loads and loads I want to do! I really wanted to knit a baby blanket and have found a pattern that looks easy enough for a beginner like me. It says "easy" on the top of the directions, so I hope it really means super-easy because I am a bit challenged in the knitting department! I left learning this skill until I reached Nana status as I thought it would come with the territory. Clearly not! I am determined to become a good knitter though, so I shall persist. I have re-done Taffy's scarf 6 or 7 times since last winter! It took 4 or 5 attempts to complete Karys' one, but I did it! So I shall keep plodding along and hope I finish Taffy's before baby arrives. I need to decide what colours I want to use in the baby blanket and purchase the wool before I go to hospital.
Week 1 Goals
1. Clean the boys room and fix their cupboards.
2. Throw away 1 lounge chair and clean the whole lounge room, windows and all.
3. Purchase 3 small bedside cupboards to use as "legs" for the new computer nook at the back of the lounge room.
4. Purchase a piece of melamine for the tabletop.
5. Move computers out of study/new baby's room and set up in the new nook area.
There, I think that's enough for 1 week. I really wanted to clear out the study as well, but I think that would be an unreasonable expectation for this week.
Hopefully next weekend we can celebrate my birthday properly.
happy birthday to you & lor & rob :) can't believe ur only 41!! & still going super woman strong!
ReplyDeletewhat stitch knitting have u figured out how to do? i'm stuck with garter, lmao. reaaally have to learn more oneday...