Thursday, August 25, 2011

some things I want to remember


I know, I'm still getting around to part 2 of Gretel's arrival. Been trying to focus on getting the tax done so we can survive as our investment house has not sold and has been taken off the market for the time being.

Our ship, did not come in, and we are frustrated, disappointed and almost at the point of giving up.

BUT!

We know God has it under control, and we obviously have stuff to learn right here, right now. As painful as it is, we'll keep on putting one foot in front of the other as we wait for God's timing. Man, that is so hard sometimes, isn't it?

I just wanted to record that Gretel went into her own room yesterday and had her first night there. She had been sleeping in the entry and our room until then. Her room is not ready, but I cleared a little corner to fit her bassinette and set up a change pad on the bench.

It works for the moment until I can fix it up nicely for her. I put her in cloth nappies today. Finally, I feel organized enough to cope with this extra job.

Tomorrow, Gretel will have been here for a whole month! Will continue her birth story and update her to now also.

Above is a photo of Gretel with her new eyebrows, courtesy of Ingrid, hand drawn with purple texta, just yesterday. They should last her until the real ones grow in, sigh!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the birth of your new Bubba! She is gorgeous- even with painted eyebrows! LOL Blessings, Glenys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world Gretel Faith! I sympathise with your feelings of frustration about your investment house. We are going thru something similar - we own a big block which we are subdividing into 2 and will then sell both. Thought it would be our "nest egg" and set us up for life. Ummm, no. It is so heart breaking to work so hard and sacrifice to do this, to watch the market going down, down, down. At this point we will be happy to get our money back, let alone make a profit. Hanging on to God, counting our blessings (each other, a roof over our heads, secure jobs) ... but still it's so darn HARD!!! Esp when we see the wicked prosper ... so big hugs to you, hope your ship DOES come in soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I've linked to you on the latest Footprints blog post, check it out at http://footprintsaustralia.com/blog/2011/09/17/sharing-some-blog-love/!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thankyou to both of you for your encouraging words, I really do appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete