Monday, April 2, 2012
Convicted......again!
There is nothing like spending a little time with God when life finally comes to a pit stop after weeks of frantic activity. Oh how I was enjoying my afternoon rest curled up with a daily devotional by Joyce Meyer. I started with today's reading and then read backwards to the last time I picked up the book.
Suddenly, I was no longer "enjoying" what God was telling me!
He put His finger right on the spot that needed to be dealt with, and it is mighty uncomfortable right now!
I am completely unreliable.
In all things.
In fact, if I ever DO come through on anything, people are surprised!
It broke my heart to come to that realization just now. Why didn't I learn this earlier about myself?
I know why.
I make excuses ALL the time. And it must stop now, today.
I am not being Christ-like when I fail myself and others, with my unreliability.
I am SO thankful that Jesus Christ was (and always is, reliable)! Even to His own death on that awful cross!
He could have said flat out, "no way, not doing that!" But He didn't.
He could have made any number of excuses, "oh Peter is just not ready for me to leave. Think I better stay and coach him a bit longer." or "It's going to be too hard on my earthly mother and I don't want to break her heart."
This Easter, I'm going to be doing a whole lot of soul searching to see what other character traits I am known for, and I'm going to quit making excuses and try harder to follow through on my promises.
And I'm going to apologize to those I have let down recently and ask for forgiveness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment