Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 9 - Photo Challenge

Daily Routine:



Washing has always been a mammoth task in our house, and a chore that often gets ignored by the kids and left for me. When there is between 5 and 8 loads per day, it can really add up after a few days of waiting for someone to fold it all!

So I had to come up with a  solution to make it easier for the child designated  this chore for the week and  make all the others more responsible for their own clean washing too. Years ago, I used to put  each person's clean  washing into clear plastic crates with lids, but that was when we had less kids  and more room to store the crates!

Washing baskets (the $2 variety) work just as well and can be stacked together in a small pile when all the washing is put away. Each has a name tag and each person folds their own clothes and puts them away, then returns the basket for the next days wash.

The blue tub at the back of the picture is for odd socks, which get paired up on Saturdays and the chests of drawers are for bed linen. I put away the littlies, Rob's and my gear, and all other bits and pieces.

 Most of the time it works.

So I'm much happier than when I was left to do it all myself! :)

1 comment:

  1. You should have seen the look on my face when I was that picture! LOL! You need a maid... btw, sent u an email, hope u like it :)
    Oh, and thankyou for the HS stuff! I'm meeting someone local who does it for advvice next week, apparently this is the easiest state to do it in! You just get registered and thats it! Can do what you want!
    God bless, hope you're all well and happy!
    Alli.

    ReplyDelete