Some friends and family offered constructive advice like sleeping, painting and relaxing, all of which I enjoy!
But!
I just did a 450km round trip from Perth to Busselton to deliver a freezer to a friend's holiday house, with my hubby and our youngest child.
To tell you the truth, I went grudgingly, and I could tell that Rob wasn't too thrilled at the prospect of all that driving, but we actually had a great time, chatting all the way. Gretel slept most of the way, lucky baby! and lucky us, haha!
Gretel had her first swim in the pool and LOVED it!
How was your Christmas? Ours was almost perfect! It was stress-free, fun, and a hit with the kids, what more can a parent ask?
Karys and Taffy opening gifts
Ashton and Dart playing Twister
Karys requested a birthday cake for Jesus
for our lunch
Gretel in her bumbo, wearing an apt shirt from
Aunty Jo
Ever since the first XBox was released, someone
in our family has had it on their wishlist.
This year, they got their wish! The response? Tears of joy for about half an hour!!!
I might have a shed a tear or two, but it was so delightful to see how much they appreciated a long-awaited desire.
My sister is coming to help bring in the New Year, which is really exciting as we just dropped into her place for a cuppa this morning on the way back from Bussellton!!! Twice in one day!!!
Now, that IS an awesome way to spend the last day of this year!
God bless you all, stay safe, enjoy your celebrations and hug your loved ones! I'll be back with more writing tomorrow, I've got sooooo much to say! I am really excited about the fresh start and have BIG plans for 2012!
No comments:
Post a Comment