Tuesday, October 18, 2011

No more Christmas Zombies!

Yay! First day back at school for Term 4!

 Normally, I am sad about sending the kids back to school as I love the holidays! However, Christmas is coming!!! And I'm eager to begin on my gift list. I have been planning and making lists again in a little notebook that I bought just for that purpose. Now to keep it secret from ALL the kids, haha!

 This year, as our ship has not yet come in, I decided we would cut costs and make Christmas more meaningful too. I told the kids they must make their gifts to each other this year and I will make as much as I can too. I know it will mean more work, but I am really excited about finding ideas and getting my stuff together! Christmas is my most favourite day of the year! Unfortunately, I usually sleep through most of it from sheer exhaustion!

My gift to myself this year will be spending the WHOLE day awake and involved and enjoying our family! And not only Christmas Day, but Christmas Eve also! Traditionally, Rob and I would spend ALL night wrapping, cooking, cleaning and setting up, hence why we turn into Christmas Zombies!

 Now that the kids are back to school, I have more time to make things while they are not around to spoil the surprise. I should be folding the dumpster size load of washing that has accumulated over the past week, but I thought I would come in here first and begin my Christmas planning.

 My goals this week are to get my overlocker working (still haven't managed to do that, sigh!) and organize all my fabrics. Sounds simple enough, we'll see how it goes!

 What are your plans for Christmas? Do you need to start planning, have you finished already, or can you leave it till the beginning of December? I would love to hear how YOU make it special for YOUR family.

 God bless you all.

 Jeremiah 32:17
"Ah, Lord God! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for You. "

2 comments:

  1. I have plans for a homemade Christmas too. Have made a small start, but I just don't know that I'll get everything done. Even from this far out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure I'll have trouble getting through my list too Tara. :)

    But I'll give it a good go, lol!

    Hope you and yours are all well, haven't seen you in ages!

    ReplyDelete