Monday, October 31, 2011

Mumvember (as opposed to Movember, haha!)

Seeing as I can't grow a mo, I'm going to take on another challenge instead. This one doesn't raise money for cancer or anything else, but it will raise awareness of how important being a mum is!

This is going to be a HUGE challenge for me to blog every day for a whole month!  My days seem to fill up soooooooooooooo quickly.

But! I am set on making all these gifts for Christmas to save money, plus use cloth nappies and I'm down to only using the twin tub for washing our clothes and towels etc which saves money and water but costs a lot of time! Plus it's exam time for Ethan. With all this extra work, I know I'm going to stress myself out and not be nice to live with at all, hehe.

So, I'm taking on this challenge to try to remember why we like to give gifts to our kids at Christmas.......oh yeah, 'cause we LOVE them!!!

Here's the link if anyone else is interested in participating. Good luck!

http://social.kidspot.com.au/index.php/groups/topic/view/group_id/1728/topic_id/13641/post_id/197210


4 comments:

  1. Did I read that right?? You're HAND washing?!?? Everything??? I didn't read that right did I?... Wheres your machine? Do you need a new one? If yes just yell out now! You can't seriously hand wash, yours must be ten times bigger than our laundry piles! Just make the kids stand outside in their clothes, squirt dish liquid on them, and set the hose on full on them! That'd work and would be hilarious fun too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I seriously laughed out loud (and scared Gretel off my breast, lol) with that idea of hosing the kids off in their clothes! Love it!!! :)
    The twin tub is a machine, it just takes more work than an automatic. My automatic is only a couple of years old so it's still under warranty thankfully. I'll have someone out to fix it soon. I'll post some pics of how it's set up, it's quite nifty, I think. And it's giving me a real good work out too! :) I'll be fit again in no time, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! Glad to know your not completely w/o a machine, although I can't picture what you mean by this twin tub thing. You should get your little duckings to do the work for you!
    I have the opposite problem, Mr 3 year old WANTS to help with the Laundry... He switches the knob on the dryer often so it's still wet after an hour of wasting electricity, :/ I've opened the lid of the washing machine after a load's been cleaned, to find little hands have dumped dirty clothes in on top! &, it get's better, he's emptied cat food into it several times!! :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no! Lol, but so annoying too! I sometimes find dirty stuff added to the clean wash, sigh!

    ReplyDelete