Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"See, I have warned you beforehand." Matthew 24:25

I am saddened but not surprised at the awful news of the earthquake in Christchurch this morning.
The images on the news are terrible and bring tear to my eyes. The dead and injured flash across the screen and destruction is everywhere!

And yet, I didn't hear about this until much later in the morning as the main topic on the news was the uprisings in the Middle Eastern countries. Nation upon nation is rebelling at their own governments/dictatorships and protesting in the streets. While Egypt has overturned their leader, other countries are ordering the complete destruction of protesters. Armies are murdering their own people, the ones they should be protecting!

The news becomes too painful to listen to for long as more suffering is revealed across our land and the world.

Closer to home, a friends' small daughter is diagnosed with cancer and has just had a massive tumour removed along with one of her kidneys. Another friend has been committed to a mental health unit at KEMH as she is suffering terribly with PPD and PTSD and bipolar. Another friend has just had to deliver her dead baby girl at 25 weeks. Another friend SHOULD be committed, but I don't think her husband will/can do that to her. A lady, I've been praying for died the other day of cancer.

It brings me to the passage in Matthew 24 about the end times.
6. And you will hear of wars and rumours and of wars; see that you are not frightened or troubled, for this must take place, but the end is not yet.
7. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in place after place;
8. All this is but the beginning of the birth pangs [of the intolerable anguish].


I will continue tomorrow as it's now way past my bedtime! Stay safe everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment