Monday, February 7, 2011

How much does God love me?


He loves me enough to prompt an elderly gentleman to give me a very precious gift. A $2 coin. Now you might not think that this is a precious gift, but when I asked him why he had given it to me, he explained that he came from a Celtic background. I do too, and I was unaware of any Celtic traditions about giving someone a coin.

So he explained further.

When a woman was in a particular condition, the Celtic people would give her a coin to show that they were praying for the health and safety of the baby and also that the child would never lack for anything.

At this point, he nearly had to cope with a very emotional woman in a certain condition! I managed to keep it together and thanked him for his generosity and I told him I would keep the coin as a reminder. I shall put it in this baby's album along with this story.

God knew how much I've been fretting about the health of this baby and how we would afford it. I now have an incredible sense of peace, because I know that He cares for even my smallest, unvoiced worries.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that tradition but what a kind man and what a lovely story for your baby to have.

    ReplyDelete