Monday, October 11, 2010

Tears of happiness

God has granted my hearts desire, how blessed am I? This morning, just before he went to work, Rob, prayed for me and for the new life we suspect is hidden away. All I want is a family who prays together and a husband who will be the spiritual head of our home.

I think it is something that all the world craves, most just don't know it.

I need to dwell with God more and develop ways for everyone to be involved. I can't just sit back and expect them all to catch it, like Ethan, it has to be taught and modelled.

I have suggested some plans for Ethan's 18th next January, that may help Rob think where he can be useful to his sons. I hope that on that day, Ethan will be able to feel that he really is a man and is no longer a child. Not that I expect him to forget how to play and to laugh and to have fun, but to recognize that a batton has been passed onto him and he is to be responsible for his relationship with God. I want him to be able to look others in the eye with respect and courage, and an understanding that he is worthy to be the man that God has called him to be.

I really need to focus, put God first, Rob next, then the kids, housework somewhere in there too, and ministry and everything else, PLUS a little time to develop my skills and to learn new ones too.

A recipe for a full life, what more could a girl want?

No comments:

Post a Comment