Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Fear of failure

I fear I have failed my oldest children terribly. This past weekend was traumatic to say the least and I fear there will be a repeat and I will have to act in a way that will hurt one child but to not act, will harm her. I pray for the strength I will need if that time arises to do the best for her.

I have let them down by not encouraging them to walk closely with Jesus, to trust Him and love him as I do, and to lean on Him. I pray for each of them that they will be reconciled to God and that they'll turn around and make Heavenly choices. For the rest, I shall begin cultivating their relationship with Jesus tomorrow. And try to keep it on a daily basis too.

I need to feed me too. I can sense big battles ahead of me and I need to prepare in all aspects of my life.

Thank You God for reminding me of responsibilities and the joy of leading others, especially my kids, to Christ.

What a privilege!

Ethan told me that Odin's brother has fallen from a tree over the weekend and has broken his back and ribs and sternum! I pray for a quick and full recovery for this poor child and for opportunities to show Christ to the whole family.

Completely off topic now, I just heard on the news today that a woman was stabbed and burnt to death at a petrol station. I pray for her family as they deal with this terrible tragedy. It is so hard to imagine what brings people to do such horror against others, but after this last weekend, I fear that it is too easy for some.

No comments:

Post a Comment